Graphics File Submission
- Color photographs are preferred and should be submitted
as uncompressed JPEG files, 300 dpi, 800 pixels wide. At the editors’
discretion, these photographs may appear in the annual printed compendium
as black and white photos.
- Illustrations should be submitted as uncompressed
JPEG files, 300 dpi, 800 pixels wide.
- To submit graphics files for consideration via e-mail,
send a message with attachments to one of the Association
Editors or to the Managing
Editor. The e-mail also should contain your name and telephone number.
- If contributors submit color images electronically,
they also should submit hard copy output that shows
example of satisfactory color reproduction. Do not mount the images.
If a graphic, illustration, or photograph has been published previously,
include a letter of permission from the copyright holder.
- To submit digital files via surface mail, please
send a CD, floppy disk, or Zip 100 to one of the Association
Editors or to the Managing Editor.
While electronic files are preferred, the JBC also accepts photos,
illustrations, and other graphics that have not been mounted. Identify
all images with a figure number and senior author’s surname. On
a separate sheet of paper, provide a descriptive legend of 40 words
maximum for each figure. Also, please include contact information.
- Authors should retain duplicates of all materials
- If original artwork is submitted, the JBC
cannot be responsible for any damage that may occur during mailing or
processing. Artists and photographers are responsible for insuring their
work if they desire. Artwork will be returned to authors by regular
mail following publication.
2004, The Journal of Biocommunication, All Rights Reserved
of Contents for VOLUME 30, NUMBER 2